Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Day Camp

Today was the first day of Girl Scouts Day Camp. I volunteered to be a leader since I had several girls from my troop going. It was so much fun. I really enjoyed it and it is amazing how enjoyable activities are when they are ORGANIZED. The girls had to create their own clown costumes and had real grease paint makeup put on so they perform a clown show. They had fun and I will post some pictures of Riley as a clown. I cannot be there with her tomorrow because I have a couple neighbor girls to watch but I will be able to be there Thursday with her on her birthday. I could not believe how tired I was after the day. I also realized how much I missed teaching. I found myself using management techniques that I used in my classroom and it makes me want to go back to it even more. There are days that I am content not teaching and knowing the job market, I figure it will be longer than I want so maybe I should look into something else but then after spending time with a group of kids I know that I will always be a teacher. Someday I will get back to it...







I got home and did a little cleaning, we had dinner and then went for ice cream. The problem with living within walking distance of the ice cream shop is that it is very tempting. We usually try to only go once a week but we might break that rule this week since I told Riley we would go on her birthday. After ice cream, Jason and I played basketball before we came in for bedtime.

1 comment:

VandenBerg Family said...

That picture of Riley is priceless!