Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Catching up so bear with me...

Halloween

We were so lucky to have such nice weather on Halloween. Carter had asked to be "hot cocoa" for Halloween several weeks before and it was the only thing he wanted so we set off to create a costume. Matt and I brainstormed and together came up with the ideas. I worked to put it all together last week and we were really happy with it when it was done. Riley wanted to be a "nice" witch and she found a costume that suited her. She shopped around to find all of her accessories and it really was a cute costume. We had dinner and then headed out for Trick or Treating. I am not sure if it was because it was a Friday night or what but our neighborhood was very dead. Many of the people who have always been home on Halloween were gone and there were not as many houses to hit. We did a lot of walking! The kids had a blast. You will see in the pictures that Carter went down and I had to get a picture of him trying to get up...it was not easy for him. He was definitely a hit at almost every house and many people told him he had the best costume they had seen all night. We had one lady stop us in the middle of the road to take his picture because she loved his costume. At one house the lady said to Carter, "Are you a hot dog?" and we heard the guy behind her say pretty matter-of-factly..."No he is hot cocoa (It was written on the costume!). But the best part was Carter's response. He said "No! I hot cocoa!" We half expected him to say duh!











Ice Skating

Saturday our Girl Scout troop went ice skating. It was a lot of fun. I myself did not do any skating. I have been having a lot of hip pain and didn't think it was wise. The girls had a great time though and although it was really cold just watching, I enjoyed myself too. Riley was really unsure of the skating thing! I was surprised because she was pretty comfortable last year. She spent most of the time on the ice holding onto the edge. The girls were all given a lesson before they were given their free skate time. She had to try to skate across the ice and then try backwards and she did not enjoy any of that. But once she was allowed to just skate around the outside she had a good time.





Sunday at home!

I was really excited to spend Sunday at home. Our washing machine broke on Friday and we bought new that were going to be delivered Sunday morning. I spent the morning home cleaning and waiting for the delivery. Matt was in Chicago at the Bears game. Grandma Phyllis and Aunt Allison came over for dinner with the twins. We had such a great time playing and hanging out. We had a nice dinner to celebrate Grandma Phyllis' birthday too.






Matt stayed home an extra day this weekend so he could vote before leaving town. It was nice to have him home a little longer. Tonight the kids and I raked the yard and burned leaves. My mom made me a meatloaf last week and I had that for dinner tonight. It was delicious and I enjoy it when I get it. It is the one thing that Matt will NOT eat and I love it. My mom was really nice to give it to me but I got it last Wednesday and I had to wait almost a week to thaw it and cook it because Matt was home. It was definitely worth the wait!!!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Very cute pics! That's so fun that you went ice skating! Not sure Bailey would ever be comfortable either! Glad you got your leaves raked!