Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

We spent the day at home and we really enjoyed it. We ate lots of good food of course. We wrapped the last few gifts and played together. This afternoon we called Papa and Grandma in Missouri to open the presents they sent. The kids had been bugging us to open them since they woke up this morning. Every year they send the kids new pajamas so they put them on right away.

Our tradition on Christmas Eve is to eat fondue for dinner and the kids love it. It was a tradition I had as a kid and I truly looked forward to it every year so I am glad I can share that with my family now. We had lots of good food and I think I will be full for a couple of days. Carter really liked that we let them have pop and they could have as much as they wanted. Riley was in love with battered dill pickles and I think that is all she ate for dinner.




Before bed time the kids got a plate of treats ready for Santa and the Reindeer. Riley insisted that each reindeer get two carrots so it took them a little while to count and make sure they had enough. They also spent ALL day watching Santa online and they were constantly running to the computer to check on his whereabouts. It was really fun and they wanted to stay up until he was in the USA but we convinced them otherwise. Omce we set out the plate for Santa and checked to see where he was (he was in Brazil) they went to bed. Shortly after putting them into bed I checked on them and found Carter sleeping with his Santa hat on. So cute. We are so excited to get up in the morning and enjoy Christmas with them.






One last thing. Riley made a gingerbread house last weekend and I have not posted it yet. She asked me today again if I had so I thought I better get it on here.

1 comment:

TheGeerlings said...

Riley's note to Santa is awesome! I can't wait for the girls to be able to do that. Fun traditions. :)Oh, and Carter sleeping in a Santa hat is too much!! Merry Christmas you guys! See you soon.