Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Birthday Girl

Riley turned 8 today. It is so bittersweet as I know she has to grow up but don't want her to. She was born just yesterday in my mind so how can she already be 8???
This is here only 4 years ago. She has grown so much in the last 4 years!


We are in Missouri visiting Grandparents and unfortunately Matt was back in Michigan working. We were able to go have lunch with Grandma Hughes at work and then came home to decorate her birthday cake. She knew we were doing something for her birthday tonight but she didn't know what. She has been asking tons of questions. So when Grandma and Papa got home from work tonight they told her they were taking her to a park...needless to say that was not the case. They took all of us to a show in Branson called Dixie Stampede. For those who are not familiar it is a dinner show with horses and it is very entertaining. The food is amazing. There is no silverware to use, you only have your hands and you get a biscuit, soup, potato, cornish hen (yes the whole thing which really blew Riley away), pork loin, corn on the cob and apple pie for dessert. It was delicious!! Anyway, tomorrow we will celebrate with cake and presents because Matt will be back with us. I have not posted a picture of her riding her new scooter because after getting it almost two weeks ago (it came with a bad charger) a replacement charger has arrived and she can now ride all over. So I thought I would post a picture of her riding because it reminds me that she is not a baby anymore even though I wish she was.



2 comments:

TheGeerlings said...

Aw, thanks for the glimpse into the past with the old photos! I can imagine it's hard to believe she's 8 already! I hope she had a great birthday. Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon. :)

VandenBerg Family said...

8...wow! They do get old so quickly and it really is kind of sad. But 8 also looks like so much fun!