Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Parties

Riley and Carter both had their Christmas parties at school today. Riley really loves to give gifts. She is very thoughtful when deciding what to give. She decided several weeks ago what to give her teacher. When she got home today she was most excited to tell me how much her teacher liked her gift and she loved that Riley even made her dog some dog treats. I LOVED that she was more excited to tell me about the gifts she gave than the ones she got. She truly enjoyed today for the right reasons.
Carter was very excited about having a Christmas party at school. He was asked to bring a book for another boy and they would be doing a book exchange, He did not understand the concept and was positive that he was giving his book to his friend Joshua. he wanted to write Joshua on the tag when he wrapped it and everything! I was concerned that he would be upset when he had to give his book to someone else but I heard it went fine(Aunt Abby was at the party so I got the scoop). When we were leaving his school, I received the best gift of all! One of Santa's Elves was going into the school and Carter was so in awe. He was convinced that Santa had sent the elf to check on boys and girls at school to see if they were being good! He was so good today!!!!! He kept saying "I cannot believe I saw a real Elf!" It was so cute and to me it was priceless. For those who have not heard my stories about Carter and being "good for Santa", let me fill you in. Whenever he has been misbehaving in the last few weeks I have reminded him that Santa is watching. He usually continues doing whatever it is he is doing and pays no attention. I have gotten to the point where I will yell to the sky (not sure why because the north pole is not in heaven!) "Santa, Carter is not listening!" To which he has replied more than once to me, "It's ok mom, I like coal and I want coal for Christmas." So as you can tell, he has been acting like he does not care! Hence, the excitement I experienced today when he acted like he was nervous about Santa really knowing if he was bod or good!

After school we exchanged our gifts with the girls that I get to spend my days with. So I do have one picture to share from our busy day.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I know that elf and had to forward this to her! Hopefully it works for a week or so, I wish mine cared what Santa thought!