Friday, January 1, 2010

Deer Season

While sitting in the woods one last time today, I was hoping to be able to post a picture of me with my deer for 2009 (Yes I know technically today is 2010). However, I sat all day, never left the blind, and didn't see a thing. I did not see a deer all season. Today was the last day so I was unsuccessful this year but I spent many hours trying. I do not want to seem like I am complaining at all though. I love every minute of it, well except those few minutes before it gets light and the few minutes after it gets dark that I am alone in the woods (I do not like the dark!) The best part is spending time with my dad and that makes every minute I sit in the woods worth it!!! Thanks Dad!

2 comments:

Sami said...

This comment is really for all of the Christmas posts but I am too lazy to make multiple comments. So...everyone looked great, the baking competition sounds like such fun, and the dog looks adorable in the picture with the kids putting out the cookies for Santa! Oh, but there weren't any pictures of you!!!

VandenBerg Family said...

Okay, I too just got all caught up on your blog and cannot believe how much you had going on. I was overwhelmed and didn't have nearly as much to do as you did. WOW! I love the Carter liking coal story. Bennett didn't fall for the Santa watching thing either. And HOLY APPLESAUCE!!!