Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Whoa! Busy couple of days!

The kids have celebrated two wonderful milestones this week. Riley bridged to Junior Girl Scouts last night and Carter graduated from preschool tonight!

Since I am the leader of our troop, I spent a lot of time preparing for the ceremony we held last night. I enjoyed it all but it was like throwing a birthday party and the closer it got the more ideas I came up with. So the list just kept growing! But anyway, I truly enjoyed all the work and the girls made me very proud. I have been their leader for three years now and we have made some great memories.





I do believe we got some video and I will add that later.

When we got home last night I told Carter he was getting a haircut. He asked me for a Mohawk, whether it was his idea or his sisters, he still wanted it. So I agreed to cut it like that for school this morning because it was his last day. BUT, and I was sticking to this...I was cutting it off before his graduation program tonight. He let me but I did get some pictures today to share.
This is my preschooler on his last day of school.




Tonight was Carter's graduation ceremony. I don't have very many photos to share because I was mostly videotaping for Gma and Papa Hughes in Missouri. I will post the videos very soon! But here are some photos of Carter with some very special people; Mrs. Pung, Mrs. Geri and of course, his cousin Mason. I know the boys have a stronger relationship and great memories of being in school together!








Lastly, I have been waiting for the girls to discover this for a while now. About two months ago I ordered matching dresses for Riley and Emily. Riley is always talking about getting things to match and when I saw them and could get them in both sizes I ordered them. FINALLY, tonight I was able to make it happen. Neither of them knew the other had the dress so when we got to the graduation and they saw each other it was a cute discovery! It was really cute. So here is a picture of two of the cutest girls I know!

2 comments:

Sami said...

o.k. so don't kill me...but i think the mohawk was AWESOME!!! (but i totally understand cutting it for the graduation). the girls look great in their dresses!

Unknown said...

Hey Nora, how awesome your kids are. Loved the Mohawk on Carter and very pretty dresses for the girls. I am sure Gma and Papa Hughes are very proud of them. Love to you and Matt. Janie