Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Paying it Forward

So it was announced by a town near us last week that they were launching a Pay It Forward campaign. Ever since I saw that movie years ago, I have wanted to be better about that. We really try hard to raise our kids with the understanding of the importance of giving/volunteering. It is not always about the "getting." I will fully admit that I have always been timid when it came to doing anything big as far as paying it forward. I have bought someones food before and other small things here and there. However, when I read about the Pay It Forward thing Holland is doing, Matt and I decided to make it a priority. We printed some of the cards and had a family discussion. We asked the kids to help us make a list of things we could do for people. We wanted to do it more than once and just make it a habit. It makes us feel so good to do something for someone else that it is almost addicting. I am proud to say that we have already done several things in a week, although we never have the Pay It Forward card to leave for them! We will get better at that!!
* (The idea behind the card is for people to log in when they receive the card, tell what someone did for them and then pass the card on...thus paying it forward)

I hope many others are just as inspired as we are!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Love that campaign!