Thursday, February 3, 2011

"You don’t pay back a favor, you pay it forward. "

So we continue to work hard every day to "Pay it Forward." The large amount of snowfall we had this week allowed us some perfect opportunities to help out some neighbors. There is one story I have to share because we need this added to our blog for memories. As I mentioned in the past post about this topic, Matt and I really want to include the kids in our "paying it forward." We ask them for ideas and when we do something our intention is to have them be a part of it. Well, last weekend we stopped at McDonalds for some drinks. The kids were in the back watching a movie with their headsets on. While in the drive thru line I noticed the truck behind us had a guy in the drivers seat and a dog in the passenger seat. I said to Matt, "Buy his lunch and we can use our pay it forward card." He agreed so when we got up to the window, we told them we wanted to pay for the guy behind us and asked that they give him the card. When they got to the window I turned around to see if the man did indeed give them the card and I noticed at that time that it was NOT a dog but a woman! OOPS! I felt horrible! BUt they were very appreciative, they honked at us and waved. As we pulled out of the parking lot and down the street, I said to Matt, "Do you think we should have told the kids?" HAHA They were completely sucked into their movie and they had no idea we had even gone to McDonalds, so thy certainly had not been a part of our "Pay it Forward" moment!!!! Oh well, there will be more instances but we laughed at ourselves and will try to remember next time!

No comments: