Saturday, June 21, 2008

Week in Review

Well, I have been without my computer this week so I have some catching up to do. Matt was in Orlando this week and before he left his computer crashed, hence why I was without one. He took it! I have to admit I am addicted to the computer. I felt lost without it and without the ability to keep in touch with everyone. The good news of the week is that was promoted at work. He is no longer a General Manager of the hotel in Grand Rapids, he is the Area Operations Manager for his eleven hotels. Basically, he is no longer tied to any hotel. He will be traveling 3-4 days a week and working from home the rest of the time. It will be an adjustment but I think we will enjoy it.

Sunday: Father's Day

We spent the day visiting all of the Father's that live near us. We took Matt out for lunch and we gave him life jackets for his new boat. Here are some pics from the visit at my dad's. My niece and nephew were there as well.







Tuesday

We were able to visit with my friend Rachael and "my girls." I miss them a ton and it was great spending some time with them. It is hard to go from seeing them everyday to not seeing them at all. Riley also had her last coach pitch softball game. It was very interesting because three teams showed up for the game because of miscommunication somewhere. BUT there were not enough girls on any of the teams so they split Riley's team up amongst the two teams and they played. They had fun. She was catcher for one inning and lets just say it is not her best position. At one point after I got her to get away from the backstop fence she let the ball just hit her. I don't think she ever caught one ball and I know she never threw any back to the pitcher. The balls were all piled up against the fence at the end of the inning.



Wednesday

We went to Abby and Tim's for dinner. It was delicious. After dinner the kids danced and sang songs. Unfortunately, non of the videos turned out but here is one picture of Carter and Mason hugging like boys.




End of the week

On Thursday night we went to dinner with Dad and Phyllis and Boompa(my grandpa) and Pam. The kids eat free at James Street so that is nice. It was very nice and we had a lot of fun. Friday is my day without other kids and we went out early to run some errands. When we got home we washed the car, watered flowers, did some yard work, washed the outside of all the windows and cleaned the grill. Matt finally got home at 7 so we ate and sat outside. It was a beautiful night. Hopefully today we can make some progress on our bathroom project. Tonight is Jason's graduation party. So, off to get busy.

No comments: