Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Painting, Painting and More Painting!

So, since the middle of May we have been remodeling our bathroom. The project we thought would take a couple weekends has taken too long. We basically ended up gutting and re-plumbing the whole thing. Definitely not what we had bargained for. But we finally got to the painting and it seems like I have been painting for three weeks straight. Everything needed a couple coats and trim took three coats. Then once I finished with bathroom stuff I decided that I would paint the hallway since I painted the ceiling in the hallway over a year ago and never did the walls. Then that led to the doors to all the bedrooms. I wanted to update hardware on everything as well. Even that project has had slow-downs such as the holes in the door are drilled wrong and blah, blah, blah. I am excited to have the garage back because it is full of doors and trim. I hope to have everything painted by this weekend. I realize I just babbled on about paint for too long and sorry about that. Riley is at my dad and Phyllis' house for a few days because her cousin Lucy is here from Chicago. They went to the fair last night and today I think they might have gone swimming. I am sure she is having a blast. Carter is hanging out with UNcle Jason and mommy because Daddy is in Chicago for a couple days. Carter was such a good boy today when Aunt Abby was taking his pictures. She got some great shots and I will post them soon for you to see(I posted a couple unedited pics today). Other than that it has been all about the painting!


2 comments:

Lynette said...

Great pics of Carter... and yeah for ALMOST being done in the bathroom! I didn't realize that you kept going with the paint... good for you, not sure I coudl have done it, but I guess when you are already in the midst of it all it doesn't seem so bad!

TheGeerlings said...

LOVE these pictures of Carter! They really show his personality! I'm going to have to contact Abby about taking the girls' pictures. I never did get Brynn's 18 month pics done...