Friday, July 18, 2008

Riley's busy week

Wednesday night we had a Girl Scout Family Picnic at a park in Zeeland. We were able to eat and start the activities before the storms came rolling through. The kids left with Matt before the rain and I stayed to help clean up (leader duties). Here is a picture of Riley's centerpiece that she made for our table which had to be a camping theme. The food was great but only about half the people showed up.



Yesterday Riley finished up her gymnastics camp. She is so fun to watch. I think she really likes it but is not confident enough. I know she can jump because I have seen her do it on the tramp at Grandma's. However, when she tried at gymnastics it was like her legs would stiffen up and she couldn't do it. Here are some pics from that.








Here is one more that I got permission to post from Riley. This is her GRACEFUL attempt at the vault... or not.



Last night Grandma Jennifer and I took Riley and her friend to see High School Musical On Stage. It was at Forest Hills Performing Arts Center. I tutor a girl that was in the show. It was great and we had a good time with just us girls. Riley also had her first sleepover. It went really well and they even fell asleep reading books.




2 comments:

Lynette said...

OM Goodness, they are so cute! They had so much fun too! LOVE the pictures!

VandenBerg Family said...

Wow...first sleepover! Did it make you feel like she was getting so old? If only Annabelle were old enough for me to have an excuse to go to the High School Musical show too...I really love those movies :)!!