Thursday, December 18, 2008

Week in Review

Monday: Matt was home but working. I tried a new recipe for dinner and it was terrible. After dinner I went to finish Christmas shopping and Matt took the kids shopping. It was really funny because we ate my terrible dinner before we left and I came home with some Taco Bell. I felt really bad about getting something and not bringing some home for the rest of my hungry family. Then they walked in with Burger King! It was pretty funny and needless to say my feelings were not hurt. The dinner was really bad!

Tuesday: I had to cancel preschool because of sickness. Matt worked in Chicago. I got sick Tuesday evening and was sick all night. I am really glad it was only a 24 hour thing!

Wednesday: Matt headed to Iowa for the rest of the week. I was in bed sick all day and the girls were not here because they were sick. I had to make "triangle" shaped brownies for Riley to take to school for her Christmas party (which I hope is not cancelled because of a snow day tomorrow) and of course we didn't have any eggs. So even though I was still not feeling well we went off to the store and came home to make brownies. This was definitely one of those times that I wished Matt was not out of town. I just wanted to go to bed. :)

Thursday: Today we were back to normal. Carter has a cold and he was a little crabby today. After Riley got home from school we went to my grandma's to take her grocery shopping and make her dinner. We had a nice time and I know she enjoyed it. When my grandpa was alive he loved the battery operated little singing toys/stuffed animals. My grandma has them all out and she really enjoyed showing the kids all of them. I really am glad she kept them all and gets them out because I love watching the kids enjoy them. That is all he would have wanted! Now I am watching the radar as Matt is headed home. He was planning to work in Iowa until tomorrow but when we looked at the weather, he made the decision to come home tonight. I really think if he looked in the rear view mirror he would see snow/wintry mix because according to the radar he is right at the front of the storm. He should be home in a couple hours and bringing the snow with him. I am headed to bed hoping the weather people are really wrong. I know too many people planning to travel tomorrow and lots of kids who would be disappointed if their school parties were cancelled. So for once in this teacher's life, I am wishing for NO SNOW DAY!!!!!

2 comments:

TheGeerlings said...

So glad Matt came home before all the snow hit us! I hope he had safe travels. Can you believe school is cancelled? After EVERYTHING!!! Oh well. We'll be in touch. :) I'm not looking forward to a Christmas party the first day back to school, oh yeah, and who is going to help me?!?!

VandenBerg Family said...

Love the update! You had a really busy week. I bet you're glad it's over :).