Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Nothing new

I feel like I have not posted in a long time but we really have not had much excitement. Last weekend was fun as Riley and I got to go to a Mother/Daughter thing for Girl Scouts. Cookie sales are over and now we are just waiting for the cookies...it seems like such a long time! My niece and nephew celebrated their 2nd and 4th birthdays here on Saturday so we had a big party at our house. Sunday we did some shopping, went out for lunch and put some more carpet down in the basement. Oh and I cleaned the garage out last week! See what I mean...not much to blog about. :) I don't even have a picture to share of any of it!

Matt is out of town for the first of a couple training sessions he has to attend for his new job. It is only the second night of his trip and I am really appreciating that he is usually home again. I am so glad this is no longer our lifestyle! I truly believe that telling the kids...well at least Carter...that he is not coming home for several days is a mistake. I know the reality of it on my end is that when he knows Dad is not coming home that night to ask how his day was, he could really care less about being good. He is just too smart and I get so frustrated. Tonight he did something to Riley and was sent to timeout...I did the whole walk him to time out and place him and walk away. Riley happened to walk by and notice that he was peeling the paint off of my trim in the hallway. I went in to find a large section of my trim was now bare. He then sat there for 25 minutes and didn't seem to care!!!!! I then tried to just ignore him when he was allowed to get up because I knew that would bother him and I told him when he told me he was sorry that I was very disappointed in him and I was sad and blah, blah, blah so I didn't feel like playing with him then. So I ignored him until he came right up to my face yelling "TALK TO ME MOM!!!" over and over again. I have to say that I tried walking away but after so much of him being a complete goof I cracked a smile. I am human! UGHHH!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Time out has so many negative sides. Elliot just SCREAMS the entire time, when the timer goes off, he immediately quits and says, "Can I get up now????" Stinker! Good luck with your days alone, let me know if you need anything (a break maybe)!

VandenBerg Family said...

I swear our boys are a lot alike. Maybe it's all boys. Wonderfully precious, funny, sweet when they want to be, inquisitive, rough, active, and STINKER!!!...sometimes called NAUGHTY :) Always thinking about what he can do next! Sound like Carter? DEFINITELY my Bennett.