Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Paint, a birthday and a retreat

We started the weekend with intentions of painting Carter's room and decided on the paint for the rest of the bedrooms. Yes, after almost 4 years we are finally making decisions and painting. This is what the counter looked like Friday night...a little intimidating to me.



I started his room Saturday morning while Riley and Matt went to check on the boat (now that the snow is gone he needed to look at it). After they found water/ice in the boat they came home to head to Father/Daughter Laser Tag for Girl Scouts. They had a great time all the while I was painting. I did take a break and cook some stuff for dinner Saturday night which was at my mom's. We were celebrating my birthday a week late since I had been sick on the actual day. I had made a comment that I didn't need to celebrate and with that Abby and TIm went to town making it a celebration. When Carter and I arrived (Matt and Riley left laser tag and headed to the Women's Expo where Matt had a booth for the hotel and he was working it) everyone sang Happy Birthday and they had decorated as if I was a three year old! It was really cute. They even decorated the bathroom. We had a great time and when I went to leave we opened the doors of the van to find 50 balloons filling the entire car. The balloons are still haunting me as they are now in the house. I know I could solve my issue by popping them but the kids are having so much fun playing with them. The only thing is that occasionally one will pop and scare the jeepers out of me (yes I said jeepers) and I have honestly tripped and fell once. Here are some photos of the painting in process (I have not taken an after photo yet) and some of the balloons once they were in the house. OH I almost forgot they bought me this very uncomfortable bird looking mask that I was to wear because I was the birthday girl...too bad I have no photos to share of that either!!!!





Sunday was spent at church at a retreat for RIley in preparation for First Communion. She is really starting to get excited about it. We had a nice time and after we left we picked Carter up at Grammy and Papa's. We put his room back together just in time for him to go to bed Sunday night!
Last night Riley and I had a Girl Scout meeting. Only one more week of cookie sales and the girls are almost at their goal. We are very excited about that!

No comments: