Friday, May 8, 2009

Carter's ways of making us smile!

Today was especially full of Carter making us laugh. We will be heading home from vacation tomorrow and today we spent the last day at Animal Kingdom. I will post pictures and blog about our AMAZING vacation when we are home. I had intended on blogging every night so I could have it as a memory for us but was too tired to do that. I will apologize ahead of time for the amount of pictures I will share and I plan to blog about everything we did. We want it for the memories.. Anyway, today Carter did several things that made us laugh out loud. Seriously out loud in front of a lot of people. He is just hilarious.

1. We were in Animal Kingdom and Carter had to go to the bathroom. Now you need to know this was at least the second but maybe the third time he had to use the bathroom since leaving the hotel in the morning. We were headed to the Kali Rapids ride which guarantees you will get wet and RIley and I were chatting with a nice woman on a bench outside of the bathroom when Carter comes out and crosses the very crowded walkway to say to me (quite loudly) "Mom, do you know what we forgot today? I don't have any underwear on!" To which the nice woman sitting on the bench laughs right out loud and then tried to act like she was not laughing at us or listening to us. I starting laughing and didn't believe him when Matt said it was true. Pretty sad that his parents dressed him, forgot the underwear and took him to the bathroom more than once before noticing!!!!

2. When we returned to the hotel in 98 degree weather we decided to go to the pool. Carter again had to go to the bathroom. I took him and not ten minutes later he said he had to go again. I told him that he would have to get out if he had to go to the bathroom again. He then took off to the other side of the pool and avoided both Matt and I (we were sitting out and watching). I then decided that it was a bad idea because knowing Carter he would not tell me again. So I called him over to tell him that I would take him and he could go back into the pool when he loudly announced that he had peed in the pool! LOVELY!

3. Not ten minutes later he was jumping into the pool and one of his swimmies fell off. So he climbed out on the side and grabbed the swimmy. We thought he was putting it back on when he said to us "I don't need these anymore right?" He took the other one off, jumped into the pool and sunk! He did not give us even a second to respond before jumping in! I jumped up and ran in time to grab his hand as he was trying to swim back up and all I saw was his little eyes looking up at me from under the water! I know that this might not seem funny to some but you have to know that Carter does it to make us react! We know that we need to watch him at ALL times!

Anyway, I have to go pack but I will share LOTS of pictures when we get home.

3 comments:

TheGeerlings said...

Bring on the pictures! I can't wait to hear about your vacation!

Lynette said...

Laughing w/ you on those! Cant wait to hear more!

VandenBerg Family said...

I'm excited about A LOT of pics! Sounds like a nice vacation. And just so you know, we often leave Bennett underwearless on purpose. It's just easier :).