Thursday, May 21, 2009

A lot of things coming to an end...

This is the busiest time of the year as everything comes to an end for the summer. Last weekend Riley and I were invited to a "Tea Party" with other leaders and their daughters. It was soo nice and it was a great way to end the year of Girl Scouts. We had such a nice time. Riley dressed up so pretty too. I let her dress herself and she picked out lots of jewelry and we had a great time.

Monday we celebrated our troop's accomplishments with an awards ceremony. I cannot believe how much work it took to put a 45 minute family celebration together. However, it was really nice and the girls earned a lot of awards this year.




We are also finishing up our year of preschool. I think I really will be bored this summer! No more church, girl scouts, preschool, etc! But here is Carter on Tuesday with his snack that he made to look like a mouth. We were learning about teeth and the dentist.




Matt also home on Tues for the morning and he built my garden box. The kids thought it was a great place to dance.


2 comments:

Lynette said...

Love the garden box, I sooo need one of those!

VandenBerg Family said...

The daycare/preschool at Colon Elementary got booted out because they need the room for full day kindergarten. Bennett has the opportunity to go to the state funded preschool that goes 4 half days a week. At the current moment I am leaning heavily toward not sending him because I think it's too much. He has an awful birthday when it comes to school things (November 30) and would then have to do another year of preschool before kindergarten. The one offered to kids his age the following year is a full day and I hate that. Soooo, getting to my point, I will NEED your preschool ideas because Jenny and I plan to do a "preschool" in the fall for our kids 2 days a week. And we need all the help we can get :)