Sunday, May 24, 2009

Putting the boat in the water

Yesterday was the day. Matt was so excited to put the boat in the water. Everything went smooth. It is in the water, we got the motor running after just a little work and got out to sail for a while in the afternoon. We learned a lot about our new boat in a short time. The process was very impressive to me and I looked like a tourist snapping pictures of the whole thing. Some guy walked up to me as I was videotaping them lowering it into the water and said "New boat owners, eh?" I realized then that I stood out like a sore thumb! Oh well. We were excited!

Matt thought it would be funny to put Borculo, MI on the back of the boat. He wanted to put Borculo Yacht Club but I talked him out of that. For those of you that do not know, Borculo is not a town and best of all there is NO water here so the boat is not from here at all. We are just a four way stop with an ice cream shop. Our address is not Borculo but he thought that was funny.







No comments: