Monday, August 17, 2009

Ohio

Last week Riley, Carter and I went to Ohio with my mom and Aunt Sandy to visit my Uncle Dick and Aunt Barb. I had never been to their house and sadly they have lived there for almost 22 years! Pretty sad if I say so myself. We left Wednesday morning and took our time getting there. We stopped and did some shopping in Howell and eventually arrived late in the evening. Thursday we spent the day at the Columbus Zoo. That is Jack Hannah's zoo and it was the best zoo I have ever visited. It was a beautiful day and we saw so many animals.



Waiting in line to see the baby elephant, Beco.


Baby Beco born in March




We spent a lot of time at the gorillas. Aunt Barb, AKA the Gorilla Whisperer, was able to talk to one of them and he would plug his ears when she talked. He tried sharing his toy with her too.

Aunt Barb discussing nap time with the gorilla

Riley and Carter walking into the mist

Feeding the birds some nectar. Aunt Barb had the worst luck because she was covered in birds and they were mistaking her shirt/arm for nectar!





Friday we went to see the Longaberger Basket stuff. I do not collect or buy the baskets but it was very interesting learning the history of the company.
This is the office building.



Enjoying some wonderful chocolate malts at an old diner.



Saturday we spent the day playing baseball, pool and the kids learned some scuba diving skills from Uncle Dick.








We went out for a wonderful dinner on our last night.

No comments: