Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Washington DC

I am late posting this but better late than never. Matt and I went away without the kids the last weekend in August to Washington, D.C. and had a blast. We enjoyed the trip so much and like always didn't want to come home. We spent three days sightseeing and walking and walking and walking. It was my first time visiting there and I wanted to do everything. We checked out as many things as possible and were also able to be along the route when Ted Kennedy went by. We saw the family as they waved and yelled thank you to all the people along the road. We also were at Arlington Cemetery on the first day his grave was open for viewing. It was pretty cool to be a part of that. We also had a fabulous room. When we opened the door we realized we had a staircase in the room! I was excited for the doorbell. I truly appreciate the connections we get when traveling as we would never have paid to stay in a room like that. Here are just a few of the 360+ photos I took. Unfortunately my camera didn't work after we got off the airplane coming home. Still trying to figure that out. :(







No comments: