Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tulip Time 2010

Well, it has been a long day. We went to the parade (we always do the Wed. parade) with my mom, my sister, my niece and nephew. We went early to eat some junk food for lunch too. Grandma Phyllis and Uncle Tim work down there and stopped by to say hi. After the parade we took the kids to the carnival with intentions of riding a few rides. Well, we ended up with 5 wrist bands for the price of 4 (Thanks to Grandma Jennifer working her magic) and didn't leave until about 5. We went home long enough for Matt to get there and then went back to have some more junk food for dinner! I even managed to get the wrist band off my mom's wrist and onto mine for the evening (Yes, I am dutch). So we ended back downtown until after 10pm. I know it is a school night but Riley only has a half day tomorrow. We can all take a rest in the afternoon.

Anyway, I really am not afraid of rides and will try anything. Tonight I met the ride I will NEVER do again! The FireBall. Ummm...yea, my daughter just told me when I tucked her in that it was nothing and she needs to find something more challenging. Well I met my match and didn't like it!! I still feel like I am going to be sick and it was at least 4 hours ago that I rode it! I still went on every other ride there and that probably didn't help but I blame the FireBall!!! YIKES!!!

Matt offended a worker by calling him a "carni" so that was really funny. He didn't even realize the guy heard him or even that he was there. But Tim and I agreed that he was offended by the look he gave Matt when he made his comment. :)
We unfortunately ended the night with a little girl in tears because she fell pretty hard getting of a ride. She was bleeding in three places, hit her face and hurt her wrist. She was still crying when we got home which reassured me that she was exhausted but had a great time anyway. I love when we can spend a day making such wonderful memories!












Oh, and it was a special day for my van too...

(I know my dad is proud that I posted this!!)

No comments: