Friday, February 27, 2009

The post that is long overdue

Last weekend was very busy. Riley had a birthday party on Friday night. Saturday she had her last soccer game and then went to church for her first reconciliation. Sunday we went to church and I had nursery so Carter and I played with all the kids. We went out for dinner after church, took naps and then put some carpet down in the basement.

Riley and Matt heading into church for her First Reconciliation (Confession for those who don't know what that is)


Monday was the kickoff of the Girl Scout cookie sale. I had a meeting that night and the girls are so excited to sell this year. They set a goal and they are ready to work hard to meet it. If you are interested in buying cookies and Riley does not ask, let me know. The cookies are $3.50 and she is selling them until March 22. The cookies will come in late April.

She has:
Thin Mints
Caramel DeLites(Samoas)
Peanut Butter Sandwiches
Peanut Butter Patties(TagALongs)
Shortbread
Lemonades
Thanks-A-Lots
Daisy Go Rounds (reduced fat cookies)


Wednesday I gave up Facebook for lent and though I thought it would be really hard doing so, I am actually doing ok. I miss knowing what everyone is up to, that is the nosy side of me but I realize how much of my time was spent checking Facebook.
Matt also started his new job this week and I think he is really happy. We are glad to have him home every night, finally!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Wow, that picture of Riley & Carter, Carter sure has grown up in the last week, and what a great big sister holding his hand! ;) Sorry, couldn't resist, and if you dont' know what I'm talking about re-read your post! How much are the cookies???

Sara Denslaw said...

Sami just finished selling cookies today! Her troop sold close to 1000 boxes and this was their first year! I ended up shipping some cookies and it cost WAY more than I thought. To send 2 boxes to my dad in Holland was almost $6.00 for parcel post! So just an FYI! Tell Riley Sami says good luck with cookies!

Sami said...

I love the picture of Riley walking into Church! It's weird for me to see winter coats! I wish we could buy some cookies but if I got some they would be gone in five minutes! I have no self control when it comes to Girl Scout cookies!!! I better figure something out before Fina is old enough to be a Girl Scout! Way to go giving up FB...isn't it crazy to think of how many times a day you would check it? I have been able to do lots of other stuff with my "extra" time now! Anyway, have a great week!