Monday, March 9, 2009

Where oh where do I begin?

I truly have good reason that I have been very behind in blogging. I will start with the fact that I ended up in the ER to find out that I had pneumonia. That was 10 days ago. The part that really boggled my mind is that I was not sick at all leading up to it. I had a little cold, runny nose and such but nothing major and I guess I really never knew what the symptoms were. Needless to say after two night of no sleep and severe chest pains I decided it was time to go in. They gave me enough muscle relaxers that I was able to rest. I went home with an antibiotic and some pain meds. They made me sick and I didn't eat for several days. Matt was with me for the first few days and my mom came over during the day to basically run my normal life. She took care of the kids that I watch, did the housework and of course took care of me. I hated being sick. Matt had to leave Wednesday morning for a conference in New Orleans and so mom was then left alone to care for me! Oh and I forgot the best part of all.....I totally overdosed on Benadryl. FYI Do not take the oral pills and completely cover yourself with the topical cream all at the same time...twice in twelve hours. I was not able to make sentences and could not stay awake. What a trip that was!!!! Anyway, I was feeling ok mid week and then started going downhill again. I had a follow up appt with my Dr where I learned that the pneumonia was still prevalent in my lungs but the pain I was in was caused by muscle spasms. So, then she added Valium to the list of drugs I was on and started another antibiotic. I would like to report that I am all better but I cannot. I am really sick of sitting around and doing nothing. Today I made lunch for the kids and paid some bills and now I am paying the price. I am back in my chair with some pain. I know I cannot over do it or I will end up sick all over again but really I am losing my mind. To top it all off I gave up Facebook for lent and I cannot spend my time on there being nosy!!! What to do. Here is a picture of my life over the last ten days.



Yesterday was also my birthday and again giving up Facebook meant that I could not look forward to any birthday wishes. I know that sounds selfish but I was looking forward to getting several messages in one day. Oh well. We went to church (I had to get out of the house and it was a special day for Riley as she is preparing for First Communion) and then I managed to go out for dinner to celebrate my birthday at El Rancho. I was exhausted by the end of dinner and we came home so I could sleep. After a long nap the kids made me brownies and we spent the evening at home. It was really nice.




Here are some other random photos from that last few days. Riley was a little tired and barely finished her ice cream before crashing on the couch. The others are of the kids playing outside as I watched from inside today. I SOOOO wish I could be out there with them!


4 comments:

Sami said...

Unbelievable! I am SHOCKED! And I feel way guilty about making you give up Facebook! I would have been going nuts! Like you said, though, you NEED to rest. It's what's best for everyone! We're thinking of you! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lynette said...

I sure hope you start feeling better soon, good grief, that has gone on long enough! Love the pictures, now get some rest!!!

VandenBerg Family said...

Oh my Nora! I hope you are back to your normal self soon! It's not good when the mom is sick. And, Happy Belated Birthday!!

TheGeerlings said...

Not like I don't see him every day, but for some reason Carter looks so grown up in that last picture!