Thursday, February 4, 2010

Alphabet Soup

Tonight's soup is the one the kids picked. Carter is so excited to find his letters for his name in his soup. The recipe is a combo of several I read and then I still added some of my own touches.

ALPHABET SOUP
2 carrots, peeled and cut up
2 stalks celery, cut up
1 med onion, minced
2 Tbs oil ( I used I cant believe its not butter calorie free spray and I pour in about 2 Tbs)
2 cups chicken breasts cut up (I cooked them ahead with some chicken bouillon)
8 cups chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 tsp dried thyme
salt
pepper
I also added 3/4 cup sweet potato puree and 1/2 cup peas puree for some hidden nutrition
1 cup alphabet pasta

In large pot pour in oil and when hot add the celery, carrots and onion. Cook for 5 minutes stirring often. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute. Add chicken, broth, thyme, purees and salt/pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and turn temp to low. Cook for 15 minutes. Add pasta and cook for 8 more minutes. Serve.

No comments: